I have seen several home-made fruit snacks on pinterest and decided it was about time I gave it a try. My daughter loves Gummy fruit snacks and even though I only buy the all natural kind I knew it could be healthier and it had to be cheaper than 50 cents a bag for just a handful.
I let my daughter choose the flavor and after studying the fruit bowl for half an hour she finally picked out 2 oranges, 1 lemon and handful of strawberries. This recipe is so easy and took just a few minutes to prepare, I just wish I made more since they were gone just as quickly as they were made.
These are a great treat for kids to help prepare so let them join in the fun! Enjoy and let me know if you try it, I’d love to see your results!
- 1 cup of berries ( we used strawberries)
- 1 1/2 C of all natural fruit juice and at last 1/2 c of citrus, ( we used fresh squezed orange and lemon)
- 1/4 c honey
- 5 packages of gelatin , the more you use the firmer it will be, ours were firm but still jiggled a bit. Next time I will use 6 packs.
How to make it
- heat berries on the stove with honey until honey is melted
- Pour juice in food processor
- Add gelatin to food processor and pulse until mixed
- Add berry/honey mix and process until smooth
- Pour onto a baking sheet lined in parchment paper or plastic
- Stick in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes until it is firm, longer if you can wait…we couldn’t 🙂
- Remove from fridge and cut into preferred shapes, I couldn’t find my mini heart cutters so I just cut into squares.
- Eat up!