I am hosting a giveaway with Revolutah over on my other blog (Giveaway HERE) and they were kind enough to send me this adorable cookie cutter to show off. What better way to show my Utah pride than with some delicious cookie love?
Sugar cookies are the easiest cookies to make and you can really do anything with them. Sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar, drizzle chocolate, add sprinkles, whip up some colorful frosting or pipe on pretty designs, the possibilities really are endless. These cookies are a breeze to whip up and roll out very nicely without getting sticky.
What you need
- 3/4 C unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract ( or vanilla)
- 2.5 C flour
- pinch of salt
How to make it
- preheat oven to 275
- Cream together butter and sugar
- add eggs and vanilla and whisk together well
- in a separate bowl mix together flours, baking powder and salt
- slowly add flour mixture until it all comes together
- put in the fridge for at least a half hour
- separate into 3 balls
- roll out one ball at a time and cut out your cookie shapes
- sprinkle with sugar and bake for 8-10 minutes until light brown on the edges
- eat up!