I love sweet treats but I hate sugar, a real dilemma I know. It isn’t that I think sugar is terrible to eat, it’s that I know if I do eat it I will have to share with my daughter and one bite of sugar in her system and she’s bouncing off the walls for days. Today my chocolate craving hit HARD and I needed a sweet treat to get me through.
I found a few sugar-free chocolate recipes on pinterest but I wanted something more than just chocolate. I thought it would be fun to add a surprise inside chocolate peanut butter treats and my daughter agreed it was an awesome idea. I had sunflower seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, frozen banana and apple slices on hand and some cute mini cupcake liners to make this fun recipe.
This is a great late night sugar craving snack, a good treat to reward a kiddo or a fun treat for a picnic or party. Let me know what you think and show me your results!
What you need
- 1 1/3 C organic peanut butter
- 1/4 c sugar free cocoa powder
- 1/2 C coconut oil, I used Tropical traditions
- 4 tbsp honey
- treats to go inside: fresh, dried or frozen fruit or nuts… I used dried cranberries, apple slices, raisins, frozen banana and sunflower seeds
- Mini cupcake or candy paper liners like these,ooh pretty!
How to make it
- melt coconut oil and add to food processor or blender with peanut butter, cocoa powder and honey until blended
- line a baking sheet with cupcake liners
- Put treats in bottom of cupcake liners
- pour mixture into liners until 3/4 full
- put in freezer for at least an hour, overnight is best
- store in a freezer bag in the fridge or freezer
**full disclosure: I was given a sample of a product used in this recipe. I was in no way obligated to use the product or review it. I only use products I love, trust and have tested.