When a chocolate craving hits, it really hits and now amount of fruit or honey will satisfy. The other day I was home sick and suddenly had an intense craving for chocolate and no way to run to the store. I looked in my fridge and cupboards and gathered up any sweet treat supplies I could find and whipped up what is probably the most delicious dessert I have had in ages.
This pudding is light and fluffy and full of coconut deliciousness, it reminds me of a pudding version of a chocolate macaroon. The best part is, eating this is 100% guilt free since there are no sugars and when you use raw cacao and chia it adds even more goodness. If you are like my kiddo and the texture of shredded coconut gives you the heebeegeebeez then you can omit it for a creamy version.
What you need
- sugar-free shredded coconut
- raw cacao powder or dutch cocoa powder although the cocoa will not have the same health benefits
- 1/4 c raw honey
- 1 can coconut milk, frozen ( pour it into a bag and then freeze to make it easier)
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/4 milk of choice, use non frozen coconut milk or almond milk
How to make it
- in a bowl soak chia seeds in milk of choice for half hour
- in the blender puree frozen coconut milk, honey and cacao powder
- fold in shredded coconut (optional) and chia seeds
- let sit in the fridge for at least an hour