After watching one of my favorite cooking shows, Trippin’ out with Alie & Georgia, where they venture to southern Cali and tried a date shake I knew I had to have one…like right now. Thankfully my husband is amazing and he drove me over to WinCo to get some bulk dates. I wasn’t really interested in drinking a ton of ice cream and as usual following a recipe seemed like such a drag so I reinvented the date shake and made this semi-healthy meal in a cup!
This date shake is super thick and rich and quite filling. I don’t care if there is ice cream in this drink, I had it for breakfast and have no regrets. Try it with a burger with dates and bleu cheese!
What you need
- 1/4 cup of almonds ( soaked for at least half hour)
- 1/2 c dates
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 c vanilla ice cream ( Use coconut bliss or greek yogurt!)
- 1 cup of ice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
How to make it
- soak almonds for half hour and drain
- add almonds and dates to blender until well blended
- add coconut milk, ice cream, ice and cinnamon and blend until smooth
**For a superfood boost soak 4 tbsp of chia seeds in coconut milk overnight before adding to the shake!