Today I took the girls on a long walk a couple of miles down the road to “arts in the parks” where we made some fun kid art and had a picnic in the shade. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon but by the time I got home I was exhausted and hungry and I wanted chicken badly.
I have been craving BBQ for days but we don’t have a grill and even if we did it’s nearing the triple digits here and sitting my an open flame sounds a bit like torture. I came up with this yummy faux BBQ recipe that really did taste like it came off the grill and I am pretty in love with the sweet and sour flavor.
With only a handful of ingredients and a short cooking time this is a great recipe for on the go or on those days when you just want to eat without having to do a lot of work. This one is definitely going in my favorite recipes folder and will probably be a popular meal this summer. Serve it up with some coconut rice and a tall glass of black iced tea, yum!
What you need
- All natural hoisin sauce
- 3 limes, zest of 1 of the limes
- sesame seeds
- Chicken drumsticks
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
How to make it
- Generously slather the chicken in hoisin sauce
- place chicken in a baking pan and put the coconut oil in the pan with it
- juice 2 limes over chicken
- sprinkle with zest & sesame seeds
- cook chicken at 350 f0r 45 minutes
- top with lime juice & cilantro