I have been having an awesome, chaotic and sometimes messy summer and it has been a blast! Of course with all this chaos and mess comes a sometimes gap in blogging and this week it was caused by a combination of my internet going out, me leaving my camera in a car, dropping a cheesecake and my dear husband accidentally eating food I was about to photograph. Thankfully it all mellowed out and now I am back in action.
I have been wanting to post some of my recent faves for a while and I am so excited to share them with you so click on the links to see more!
- Baby moccasins– I have the felt ones and they are so adorable on baby feet. Soft soles are best for little squishies.
- My mom is blogging this– This shirt is so true for me and they are on sale not at zulilly!
- Cuppow-Best invention ever, we use mason jars as cups and these turn them into kids sippy cups, add a straw for adults
- Biodegradable sand toys-I am guilty of losing a toy or 2 at the beach but these are guilt free biodegradable fun
- Kale shirt for kids and babes-My awesome friend makes these and my kids have almost all the prints, organic and hand made!
- Alva diapers– These are VERY affordable and come in so many prints like my favorite above, trees and foxes!
Remember that recipe I mentioned above, the one my husband ate? Well, I did manage to get 1 photo for you so I could at least share my recipe. This is my favorite sandwich during the summer and is super light and refreshing. I use leftover chicken from dinner and it is always a hit with the kid and obviously the husband as well.
Healthy chicken salad sandwich
What you need
- Bread ( best on a croissant or just a nice whole grain bread)
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 2/3 c yogurt
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 c sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- spinach & tomato is optional
How to make it
- in a bowl add chicken, yogurt, mustard, cranberries, sunflower seeds , garlic and salt.
- Mix well and chill in the fridge for a bit
- assemble sandwich, easy!