Every morning we eat almost the same thing- eggs, grapefruit and avocado and occasionally we mix it up with a scone or waffle or oatmeal but most days eggs it is. After a while the same old same old gets boring and I try to jazz it up for the girl child.
Today I went to the market and got some avocados for the baby and instantly had a craving for huevos rancheros but I was all out of chilis and only had 1 tomato. I made up this tostada stack and the girl child thought it was the coolest thing ever (minus hot sauce) and she even licked her plate clean.
This is one of those 15 minute meals that you can make when you are low on groceries or in a hurry or you have a case of the hangries and need food NOW. Try it with cheese or chicken for a lunch time meal!
What you need
- corn tortillas
- 1 can of black beans
- hot sauce ( optional)
How to make it
- drizzle with oil and put the corn tortillas in the oven and bake at 350 for 1o minutes until crisp
- cook black beans until hot
- fry egg until over medium
- stack tostadas with black beans in between and on top
- top with egg and topping and hot sauce if you dare!