Oh summertime! I am so glad my tan has returned, the swamp cooler is cranked up and it is once again acceptable to drink a summery cocktail with dinner every day. Mojitos are my favorite thing in the world and my husband makes the best minty drink ever. Today however I really wanted a mojito and my husband was gone and since he hates lavender I thought it was the perfect time to try to make this drink myself.
Mojitos are really easy to make and are great on its own or with a bit of rum for a little bit of fun. You will need a lavender simple syrup for this recipe and this one from ‘The view from this great island’ is amazing. Once you have your syrup you just need mint, lime, some sparkling water and a splash of rum!
If you have never had a mojito be prepared to become addicted. . . no seriously.
Makes 2 mason jars full
What you need
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mint- add as much as you like, I like a lot and use about a palm full for 2 drinks
- 4 limes
- 1/4 c lavender syrup
- 2 cups mineral water
- splash of white rum each
- ice- crushed is best and sadly I was out
How to make it
- in a bowl or cup put the sugar and mint together and muddle it, read THIS on proper muddling
- add muddles mint and sugar to mason jars, add ice
- juice 4 limes and add juice to jars
- add lavender syrup and mineral water
- add a splash of run
- mix the drink up with a spoon or use one of THESE fancy bar spoons