I have been craving a raw bar I had many moons ago but I couldn’t remember the name of the bar or what was in it, all I remembered was that it was delicious and I wanted one right now. I just did my monthly winco bulk bin haul so I set out to try to recreate the flavor I was craving.
I may not have perfectly recreated the delicious treat I remembered but I think this might be even better. packed full of yummy seeds, nuts, fruits and even spirulina these raw bars are incredibly good for you. They were a hit with the family especially after I cut some into heart shapes for the little one.
Next time I think I am going to make a cashew, raw honey and strawberry raw bar, yum! Be sure to store these in the fridge to keep them fresh and delicious!
What you need
- 1 c almonds
- 1 c dried cherries
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/2 c dates
- 1 tbsp spirulina
- 1/2 c hemp seeds
- 1/4 c flax seeds
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
How to make it
- Add almonds into the blender or food processor and pulse until it is an almond meal
- add dates, cherries and cranberries ( leave a handful aside) and pulse until they are chopped
- add honey, oil and spirulina and blend until a paste
- add more dates or coconut oil until the consistency is a thick stuff paste
- put into a bowl and mix in flax and hemp seeds. Chop up remaining fruit and add in.
- line a baking sheet with wax paper and press onto the pan
- sprinkle some fruit and hemp seed on top and press in
- cover top with wax paper and put in the fridge for at least an hour
- cut into squares and wrap with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.