Spring has sprung and lavender is all I crave lately. I have been going to my neighborhood cafe frequently for lavender mocha and lavender Italian sodas galore and the other day I finally remembered to soak some cashews and almonds to make my favorite raw pie.
There is nothing quite like laying on a blanket under newly green trees with a giant glass of lemon ice water and a slice of cold raw pie, oh spring how I love you.
This pie is quite simple to make and besides having to soak the nuts overnight it is pretty quick as well. When I make it I usually make it first thing in the morning so I can have it for afternoon picnics or for dessert. Try it with raw banana ice cream mmmmmmmmm!
What you need
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 c raw cashews
- 1/2 c raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 c raw honey
- 1 cup dates chopped
- 1/4 c raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dried or fresh lavender
- 2 tbsp water
How to make it
- The night before or at least 3 hours prior soak the almonds and cashews in separate bowls of water, drain when done
- in a food processor or blender process almonds, hazelnuts and dates until pasty, the nuts will still be a bit chunky when done
- press almond “crust” into a pie pan that has been greased with coconut oil
- in a food processor or blender puree cashews, honey,lavender, coconut oil, cacao powder, coconut oil and a couple tbsp water until smooth
- put puree in pie dish and smooth over
- tap pie on counter to release air bubbles
- cover in plastic wrap and put in the freezer for a few hours or overnight.