As a nursing mama it is super important to have a quick and easy protein snack on hand. I spend a lot of time nursing and a most of that time is in a rocking chair far away from the kitchen. I made this recipe to keep on the table next to me for when I inevitably become ravenously hungry and no one is around to fetch me a snack and I am just to tired to try myself.
Of course the kiddo, the dog and the husband saw my tasty treat and snagged a few and it quickly became a house favorite. Packed full of protein and yummy raw honey sweetness, it really does taste like candy but I assure you it is powerful protein magic. These are quick to make so if you are juggling kids and dishes and giant dogs you can whip these up in no time, hand over a few to everyone and get a few moments of peace.
They are great for hikes or post workout , snacking while nursing or silencing the brood. They will stay fresh in the fridge for weeks (or freezer for a cold snack) so go ahead and double or triple the recipe!
What you need
- 4 tbsp raw honey or honey of choice
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 c organic whey protein or protein powder of choice
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
How to make it
- mix all ingredients together except cocoa powder
- roll into balls
- put into the freezer for half hour to firm
- drop half of the balls ( or all if yo love chocolate!) in a bowl of cocoa powder
- try not to eat them all in 3 seconds, good luck