I miss summer. I miss shorts, sandals, picnics and bike rides. Mostly, I miss playing in the sun all day long, working up an appetite and eating a giant sandwich with a tall glass of lemonade. Yesterday was sunny and almost warm and it started to really feel like seasons were changing. I was craving summer foods so I whipped up these sandwiches and my daughters and I sat on the porch and pretended that it was warm.
This sandwich is super filling but wont weigh you down and it is packed full of nutrients. Basically, it is a delicious super-food sammy you can gobble up guilt free. Summer is almost here, but now you can taste it.
What you need
- 1/4 c goat cheese
- 1 beet
- 1 salmon fillet per 6 in sandwich
- handfull of spinach
- a few basil leaves
- salt & pepper
- oil for cooking
How to make it
- Cut a baguette into 6 inch pieces and slice each in half to form 2 sandwich slices
- put 4 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and add beet slices
- when beets are halfway done add salmon fillets
- fry up beets and salmon until done, salmon should be crisp on the edges
- With a hand blender or kitchen aid, whip goat cheese with 3 tablespoons of olive oil until nice and light
- spread goat cheese on baguette
- add basil, spinach, salmon and beets to baguette
- cut sandwich in half, enjoy!