Last night I went to the fabulous Jen Larsen’s book launch and I was in a hurry. I wanted to make the kiddo something super healthy for dinner but I only had about 15 minutes. Luckily I remembered I saved the beet greens from the beet hummus I made the other day and I came up with this quick recipe that my daughter loved.
It is pretty hard to get kids to finish their dinner sometimes but this meal was devoured as soon as I put it in front of her. Quinoa is packed full of nutrients and is one of my favorite super foods. It is a super versatile grain and can be made sweet, savory, sprouted or raw. This recipe only takes around 15 minutes to make so it is a great way to get a super healthy meal on a hurry.
These leftovers are also great in burritos and breakfast scrambles, try it!
What you need
- 1 c quinoa
- beet greens from 3 beets, around 3 cups chopped
- 2 c chicken or vegetable broth or 2 C water and bullion , I used Edward & sons natural bullion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt to taste
How to make it
- put quinoa and water with bullion or broth on stove at high heat
- bring to a boil then simmer with a lid on until quinoa is done
- in a pan saute beet greens with garlic
- add cooked quinoa to beet green and mix together
- add crumbled feta on top