It’s official, I caught the kiddos sickness and when both mama and kiddo are sick there is only one cure, sickie soup. Whenever my daughter is sick I make her this quick soup and she believes it is magic and after she eats it she seems to be all better.
This morning when we all woke up with terrible coughs and were feeling less than awesome my daughter asked if I would be making my magic healing soup. Thankfully this soup is so quick and easy to make that I was able to drag myself into the kitchen to make a pot for us.
Whenever you are sick or taking care of someone who is, this is a soup that is sure to cheer them up. Add any veggies you like, some real chicken or even noodles in place of orzo, whatever you like!
PS the soup worked, we were well enough to make rainbow bread before dinner 🙂
What you need
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 bulb of garlic, yes the WHOLE bulb, about 8 cloves of garlic
- half of an onion
- 2 organic ‘not chick’n’ boullion <- only 6 ingredients and all natural!
- 3/4 cup of orzo
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 cups of water
How to make it
- slice celery and carrot
- dice onion and garlic
- place in a small pot with bullion and cook until bullion dissolves
- add water and let boil for 15 minutes
- add orzo and continue to boil until orzo is tender, around 10 minutes
- serve to the sickie person
**full disclosure: I was given a sample of a product used in this recipe. I was in no way obligated to use the product or review it. I only use products I love, trust and have tested.